Dark flowing hair is something which no one can resist. It is surely a great addition to your personality. The level of pollution has increased many folds and your hair is among the first things that get affected by the omnipresent dust and the smoke. This causes your hair to lose its natural color and fade away giving your hair a rustic look. This further damages your hair follicles which cause hair loss and inhibits the growth of new hair along with its natural color. This is a serious issue and needs to be averted. There are many natural remedies that are tried and tested, which if followed regularly will naturally darken your hair.
Note – Always wear plastic or rubber hand gloves while applying the mixture/paste/solution and also cover your clothes to avoid their staining.
Powdered Indian gooseberries
Indian Gooseberries also knew as Amla is an effective Ayurvedic remedy for the darkening of hair. The Amla powder is needed to be mixed with 1 part of oil (except mustard oil as it has high proportions of erucic acid), 1 part of water and 2 parts of mild conditioner. The paste should have a consistent feel. It should then be consistently applied over the hair and scalp. After keeping for 1-2 hours, wash your hair with tepid water. This paste has mild darkening properties and should be used consistently once a week for visible results.
Walnuts are a great source of healthy fats but here you will need the outer shell.
- Collect a significant quantity of walnut shells. You can also buy powdered walnut shells if it’s available in your nearby departmental store.
- Boil the walnut shells in water for around half an hour. Cover the container with a lid to speed up the process.
- After the specified time, let the solution cool down to room temperature. After that strain the solution. This solution will have a dark color and significant dying properties.
- Use a cotton ball or any other suitable piece of cloth to gently dab different section of your hair with this solution.
- Let it stay for an hour.
- You can also leave it for long if you want a darker shade.
- After a stipulated time, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Using it consistently for a more darker shade
Tea and coffee
These two are the most common beverage drinks of the world. Both of these have hair darkening properties. You also need to follow the same steps with both the beverages.
- First, boil any one of them in water for a specific period of time in which you can see that the water has absorbed their color.
- After this let the solution cool down to room temperature so that you don’t burn your hand or skin while using it.
- After the solution has cooled down, a different process needs to be followed for coffee and tea respectively.
- Bend your head over the sink so that your hair falls forward. Wash your hair with the solution for 2-3 times.
- Pour the solution in a container that is large enough to accommodate your hair. After this, place the container in front of your and bend your head forward such that your hair submerge completely in the solution.
- Continue the process for around 15 minutes. Lastly, wash your hair with lukewarm water and repeat the process for darker shade every once a week.
The henna powder also popularly known as “Mehendi” is a very effective darkening agent. This powder is very easily available and can be brought form any departmental store.
- Take required amount of powder and mix it with boiling hot water and whip the paste until it has a consistency like that of mashed potatoes.
- Divide your hair into sections and apply the paste consistently.
- Cover your hair after this to avoid any dust particles to settle.
- Leave it for around 2 hours before rinsing it off thoroughly with water.
These remedies are very effective and if used consistently, will give you flowing dark glamorous hair.