Why do we need to detox our body regularly?
Our body is prone to toxins like environmental pollutants, cancer-causing chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals and different types of industrial waste. All these disturb the metabolism, immune system and the normal behavior of our body which leads to chronic and fatal diseases. These toxins remain embedded in the tissues and cells of our body for years after years and if we do not care to remove them from the body in the correct manner then it is our human body which will suffer terribly. Environmental toxins are highly responsible for cancer, heart diseases, and nerve diseases as well. One should follow regular detox to increase the immunity, to lose weight, to fight against diseases, reduces toxins present in the fat cells and this increases metabolism as a whole.
Some good food which helps in detoxing our body are listed below:
- Green leafy vegetables: Raw veggies like watercress, broccoli, spinach, kale and cabbage are wonderful for cleaning the body. They contain high glutathione and antioxidants when they are consumed raw. Veggies like cabbage neutralize the damage caused due to smoking. One should consume raw salads.
- Garlic: Garlic is filled with Sulphur and antioxidants which help the body to fight against all toxins and diseases. It should be noted that raw garlic is best to consume as the heating effect of it destroy most of the body toxins and keeps oneself healthy.
- Cranberries: Very powerful antibiotic which helps to clean the urinary tract.
- Brussel Sprouts: They are high in Sulphur and it helps to remove all toxins from the blood and helps in proper blood circulation.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruit contains a high level of vitamin C and Glutathione. At home, one should consume lemon in lukewarm water for the whole day which removes all the toxins of the previous day from the body and makes the body healthy and clean.
- Goji Berries: Goji Berries can be used as morning smoothie or it can be added in our salad or it can be added in any kind of healthy evening snacks. It is very rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C which removes the toxins from the body and takes care of the liver in a very healthy way.
- Almonds: Almonds are high in protein and fiber and it takes an active part in removing the toxins from the bowels.
- Apples: Apples are one of the best fruit which is rich in soluble fiber, high pectin, very high nutrients and is very low in calories. It removes all metals and food additives from the body.
- Beets: Beet is a mixture of photochemical and it alkalizes our body and cleans the liver and blood.
- Pineapple: One should have pineapple in breakfast or maybe as a dessert because it helps in cleaning the colon and improves digestion.
- Ginger: It not only adds taste to the food but it helps in eliminating most of the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley is a herb which Vitamin, C, K and A and it also have beta-carotene. It helps in cleaning the liver and kidney.
- Cilantro: Cilantro tastes bad but if one can consume it, then Cilantro is one of the best antioxidants for the body. It is the best herb to clean the liver.
- Grapefruit: Studies show that the people who consume grapefruit for at least 6 weeks then their weight is reduced to a great extent. This is because it is high in phytochemicals and bioactive compounds that burns the fat very fast and takes care of the immunity.
- Apple Lemon Mint: Lemon itself is one of the best detox agents for human body. The peel of the lemon helps in simulating the liver enzymes and this flush out all the toxins from the body. Apple lemon mint is an amazing drink to detox your body naturally.
- Plain water: Plain clean fresh water is the best antioxidants for the human body as it flushes out all the toxins and waste product from the body which helps in metabolism.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is one of the staple fruit for all household. It is very low in calories and it has lots of vitamins and minerals which is helpful for the body. While washing the fruit one should never peel off the skin of the cucumber.
- Pomegranates: They are very good antioxidant. Rich in vitamins and minerals which helps in proper body function. It helps one to be slim.
- Blackberry Mint: Very good antioxidant agent. Adding some mint water in it will increase the rate of digestion also helps in soothing inflammation.
- Green Tea: This is a very good anti-oxidants and the name of the anti-oxidant is catechins. It increases the liver function and hydrates the body.
Besides taking detoxifying food one should try to avoid toxins by avoiding dairy, artificial sweeteners, processed food and should use more organic food.